Thursday, June 28, 2012

Simple Peach Cobbler

My husband brings me home fresh peaches and plums from some trees close to his work. He knows I absolutely LOVE peaches! The ones I had were getting pretty ripe so I needed to either eat them all up :) or make something good! I decided on cobbler, it's quick and easy....and really good.
I grew up eating this yummy cobbler. To me, this is cobbler! Everyone has a different interpretation of a cobbler. Some like it with pie crust on top. How does your family make cobbler?

To make this simple cobbler:

You need:
3 Tbs butter
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
About three cups of fruit
(fresh or canned)

** I used fresh peaches, peeled and cut them up. I used the juice that accumulated in the bowl also. If you use canned peaches, drain about half the juice but add the rest in the cobbler with the fruit.

Preheat oven to 375. Melt the butter in a baking dish, 8x8 is good. Mix the bisquick, sugar and milk together. Pour the mixture over the melted butter. Do not stir! Drop the peaches evenly over the batter, do not stir. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes. The batter will look browned and will rise up over the fruit to look like a "cobbled" road. (if you are having company, double the recipe and use a 9x13" pan....this stuff is eaten up quickly)
Yum yum!

(in the after picture, mine is kind of brown around the edges because I used a smaller pan. I won't do that next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment