The last couple posts I was trying to catch up and post some of the things I had cooked and taken pictures of. But this is actually from today! :)
I ate breakfast with my nanny today and she made some delish french toast. I know my nanny is a good cook, I learned a lot from her over the years, but when she first told me about her new french toast I was skeptical.
We went to the farmer's market and each got a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. I also got an Israel melon (if you have never tried it you should, they are amazing!). I had a piece of her french toast and one with the fresh cinnamon raisin bread.
Now I will tell you how she made it 😃
She used cheddar cheese bread from Walmart, I think the brand is marketside pantry? Cut a thick slice, dip it in a mixture of beaten egg and milk as usual. Cook in a hot skillet........and put a small handful of shredded cheddar on top while it's cooking. Yup, I know what you are thinking...."french toast and cheese?!" But trust me, it is good! When she gave me my piece of cheese french toast she told me to put some peach jam on it (which I had made with more fresh peaches and taken to her, glad she is eating it up). I was, again, kind of puzzled. The thought of the flavors didn't mesh well in my head. She was right though, it was really good.
Oh yeah, the fresh cinnamon raisin bread from Coy's Bakery made good french bread too, but I just put syrup on that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment